Wednesday, June 9, 2010

15.25 miles of fun

Yesterday was the first day I was "allowed" to run for 2 hours. Finally!!! I was so happy and nervous to go for it. It was a fabulous day for running (btw, most days are)! The sun was shining, kids were at school for the last full day, I had a new playlist put together for the event and the run all mapped out. I had a little funny feeling in my left lower leg that I was hoping wasn't going to be an issue. It wasn't! I just strolled along happily for 2 glorious hours and 4 fabulous minutes. Totalled 15.25 mi. Amazing.

I had lots of fun banter about it with my coach, Nobby. My DH(dear, darn, d#$! husband) called to see how it went and was proud! I was even was compared to my idol on RunningAHEAD, CNYrunner on RA. Wow, she is an awesome 47 yo runner I would love to be more like! Hope to meet her in Boston in April. Dream, dream, dream.

Then my shins started aching. No kidding. Oh crap! RICE to the rescue! I threw in an ibuprofen for good measure. When I woke up I hung my feet off the side of the bed, took a deep breath and prayed. I'm not religious but I figured it wouldn't hurt. Feet on the floor. Stand up. HOORAY! Went out to run 4.7 more miles of fun in the pouring rain. Too fast as usual. Man, am I durable or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment