Sunday, June 6, 2010

Skirt Chaser Race Report

































Rain, rain, go away! No warm-up because I was being a sissy. I really thought they would delay the start because of the thunder but nooooo! So I had to jump and run to the start. I still can't believe that I managed to PR on the hardest course I ever ran in these conditions. But I did. First of all there was the rain. It stopped after the first half mile or so. Then there were hills! Lots of hills. Thankfully I run hills everyday and I felt pretty strong going up and down. I petered out at one point when no one was near me and was just cruising along. Mistake! I should have continued to push because Stephanie(a 43 yo woman) passed me. Crap! But that got me going and as I went up the next hill I got moving again. Determination(stupidity) goes a long way sometimes. I was disheartened when I realized I was 7th woman overall and 3rd in the 40-44 age group. The winner was 43! But, today I feel invigorated. I haven't peaked. I can keep training and do better. Went for a run this morning with a kick a$$ attitude. I probably(definitely) should have listened to my coach and run easy but I felt like I was still on an adrenaline high(just like Nobby said :o/, he's a smartie pants). But no harm, no foul. I am ready to move forward and keep dreaming about the next race.

No comments:

Post a Comment