Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Running Day!

Seems like a good time to start blogging about running. Today is June 2nd, National Running Day. I'd never heard of it before today. Then again there are lots of things about running I don't know. I've been running for about 17 months now. Wow. I can't believe how far I've come or how addicted I've become. I still consider myself a newbie. I've got a bit of an attention deficit problem, so, I think it will take awhile for a lot of running info and expertise to sink in. So, I'll probably be a wannabe for a long time. I believe that I can't just do it, I need to know what the heck I'm doing. I have a coach, Nobby Hashizume. He is trying his best to teach me. I live in the Pittsburgh area and he is in Minneapolis. I am a slow learner. He will probably have carpal tunnel syndrome from trying to teach me via the internet what I need to know to succeed. Bless his heart for trying so hard.

My family is a little tired of hearing about my running. I'm really sorry but they are just going to have to tolerate me. I pretty much have my whole year planned around my running. Who wants to go to the Caribbean this winter? Not me! I'd rather go to the NYC Marathon, the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon and hopefully, the ultimate vacation spot, the Boston Marathon. I'm also going to run a marathon in Lehigh Valley Pa in Sept and hopefully go to marathon mini prep camp in Boone, NC in Aug. If anyone asks me about running I say "Don't ask if you don't really want to hear about it." I figure it is only fair to give them a warning as to what they are getting into. I'm obsessed. It might have some unhealthy aspects already, but I am not going to let that stop me yet. My husband's already decided that if I get a injury he is driving me to the ER for antidepressants.

Gotta run! More later!

3 comments:

  1. I just fartleked! That was fun! The only bad thing about the run today was that all the runners seemed to be heading the opposite direction around the lake. Phooey! I didn't get to pass anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read about running because to me it's like an undiscovered world. LOL. I'm so out of shape! :) So yes! Keep up the good work girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give it a try. Just remember everything is good in moderation. If you aren't careful you could end up like me. I'm spiraling out of control. This blog will probably document this. My kids will read this someday and say "Oh yeah! That's what was wrong with her!"

    ReplyDelete